Largest Gathering of Insurance Brokers, Carriers and Global Thought Leaders Convene at Applied Net 2016
Conference opens to discuss the connected business of insurance
University Park, Ill. – Sept. 19, 2016 – Applied Systems and the Applied Client Network today commenced the annual Applied Net Conference, the largest independent insurance agency and brokerage technology conference in the world, at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort. This year’s conference theme, Connecting the Business of Insurance, focuses on opportunities for agencies and brokerages to embrace digital technologies that connect their business with insurers, current policyholders and prospective insureds to create a great customer experience across the entire insurance industry.
“The business of insurance is becoming more connected with higher levels of digital interaction between agents and brokers, insurers and their insureds,” said Reid French, chief executive officer, Applied Systems. “This week’s conference brings together our industry’s leading agencies, brokerages, insurers and global insurance thought leaders to discuss how technology is connecting people and businesses in new and exciting ways, fundamentally changing the business of insurance.”
Applied Net will present remarkable keynote speakers, providing unique perspectives and strategies on leadership, customer experience, and digital transformation.
- French will begin the conference with his keynote focused on the increasingly connected world of insurance and how agencies, brokerages and carrier partners can digitally connect to drive business success.
- Brian Langerman, chief executive officer of Applied Client Network, will discuss the various ways members of the Applied Client Network community can benefit from education & resources that meet agencies’ and brokerages’ unique business challenges head-on.
- Guest keynote speaker Captain “Sully” Sullenberger will share insights and lessons from his life on how to manage an unprecedented crisis and the opportunity technology affords individuals and businesses today to prepare for the unexpected.
- Michael Howe, senior vice president, Product Management, Applied Systems, will discuss a wide range of production innovation from Applied and how these solutions enable agencies and brokerages to capitalize on opportunities in today’s connected world.
- Kris Hackney, executive vice president, Customer Experience, Applied Systems, will discuss the Applied customer experience and the value it provides the insurance lifecycle.
- Holly Hoffman, Disney Institute facilitator, Disney Institute, will speak to the innovative customer service strategies supported by technology that set Disney apart.
Since 2011, the Applied Net conference has tripled in attendance, making it the must-attend technology event in the industry. As the leading forum for innovation and education, Applied Net 2016 promises keynote presentations, networking opportunities and more than 90 exhibitors from across the insurance industry. Additionally, more than 200 educational sessions will be presented, reflecting how technology can improve the business of insurance, including tracks specifically based on products and roles within the agency to ensure attendees gain the most from their technology investment.
“As the insurance industry continues to become more digitally connected, we are committed to providing the resources and assistance our members need to fully engage with and take advantage of Applied software,” said Brian Langerman, CEO, Applied Client Network. “We look forward to this week’s educational sessions and exhibitions, continuing to influence and inform industry professionals to build their businesses through digital connectivity.”
Join the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #AppliedNet.
# # #
About Applied Systems
Applied Systems is the leading global provider of cloud-based software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in insurance automation and data exchange between brokerages, insurers and their clients, Applied is the world’s largest provider of agency and brokerage management systems, serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied enables millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
About Applied Client Network
Applied Client Network is the global technology community of Applied Systems users. It promotes successful technology and business practices through communication, education and advocacy. Founded in 1985 and based in Chicago, the association represents insurance agencies and brokerages that use Applied Systems software worldwide. AppliedClientNetwork.org