A strong, organisational commitment to data protection and the rights and freedoms of individuals is crucial in today’s digital economy and global marketplace. We have created this Privacy Statement to describe how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to the protection of your personal information. As such, it is important that you read the information in this Privacy Statement and learn about the processing of your personal information by Applied Systems.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information that we may collect through your use of Applied Systems’ websites referencing this Privacy Statement and their respective customer portals (the “Sites”). It also applies to personal information about you that we collect because you are a customer or prospective customer of our products and services or that we are provided pursuant to a business relationship you have with us.
WHO WE ARE
This Privacy Statement is issued on behalf of our entire group of entities worldwide (collectively, “Applied Systems” or “we”/”us”/”our”), including Applied Systems, Inc., headquartered at 200 Applied Parkway, University Park, Illinois, 60484, and its subsidiaries –
- Applied Systems Canada, Inc., in Canada, with an office at 6865 Century Avenue, Suite 3000, Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 2E2.
- Applied Systems Europe Limited (registered in England and Wales under number 03764705, with its registered office at 5th Floor, Invicta House, Trafalgar Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4FR), trading as Applied Systems UK.
- ASE Software Ireland Limited (registered in the Republic of Ireland under number 350292, with its registered office at Stratus House, First Floor No. 1 College Business & Technology Park Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 D15 PEC4), trading as Applied Systems Ireland.
The Data Controller is Applied Systems, Inc. and its subsidiary noted above with which you have a direct business relationship.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information you give us. You may give us personal information about you if you are, for example, a customer, prospective customer, business contact, supplier, or job applicant. You may also provide us with your personal information if you submit a form to us via our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, at a trade event, or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal description and financial or other business information. You may additionally provide us current or former employment information, which may including sensitive personal information, when you provide an application for employment with us.
Information we collect about you. If your organisation is a customer or supplier of ours, they may provide us with your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, job title or other business information about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Sites, we may automatically collect the following information –
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information used for access to our products and services and their related customer portals, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on your relationship with us, we may use your personal information for a number of different purposes. These include –
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you or your organisation, or pre-contract activities made at your request, such as:
- Administering contract negotiations and execution;
- Administering account setup and access rights when using our products and services;
- Delivering our products and services;
- Delivering customer service, customer support and technical support; and
- Administering your registration for and attendance at one of our events.
- Where it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, such as:
- Documenting and responding to complaints you may have;
- Responding to law enforcement, judicial, or court-ordered requests for information; and
- Financial reporting to public authorities.
- Where we have obtained your consent, such as:
- Processing employment applications made by you to us.
- Where we have a legitimate interest, such as:
- Responding to enquiries and providing you with information and materials you requested on the Sites;
- Managing invoices, accounts and records, and the collection of payments and debts;
- Maintaining the security and effective operation of our facilities and information technology networks and systems, including investigating or detecting unauthorised access or use;
- Administering our business operations and the Sites;
- Monitoring, reviewing, and assessing your use of our products and services in order to develop and improve our products and services;
- Administering customer, event attendee, and customer support satisfaction surveys;
- Informing you of our products, services, or events, for which you have enquired about or indicated interest in, or that are similar or relate to products and services you have purchased from us; and
- Performing lead scoring for marketing purposes, which use automated profiling to analyse your potential interest in our products, services, or events, based on your use of our Sites and related queries made of us.
If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, postal marketing, or other forms of direct marketing from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Marketing Unsubscribe" in the subject heading and provide the details of your request, or submit a request using this Subject Access Request web form. You may also unsubscribe from marketing emails from us by using the 'Unsubscribe' link at bottom of our marketing emails, or through the ‘Manage You Subscriptions’ link at the bottom of our website. You can also add, remove, or modify the different types of content you receive in marketing emails by using the ‘Email Preference Centre’ link at the bottom of our marketing emails, or through the ‘Manage You Subscriptions’ link at the bottom of our website. We acknowledge that our use of your personal information for these purposes is at your option and we will not refuse you access to any product or service merely because you have instructed us to stop using your personal information for these purposes.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information except where we are authorised or required by law to do so without consent. When your personal information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, where required under applicable law, we will disclose the new purpose to you before such use, and we will seek your consent unless the use is authorised or required by law.
We use cookie technology on our Sites. This technology enables us to compile statistics about the use of our Sites, facilitate social media interaction with us, and otherwise improve our marketing efforts and performance of our Sites. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive, mobile phone or other device. They are used by most websites and do not damage your computer or device. You can adjust your browser settings to enable you to decide if you want to accept a certain type of cookie or not. However, some of the services and features offered through our website may not function properly if certain cookies are disabled. For more information about the cookies used on our Sites, and to manage or prohibit the use of certain cookies that you may receive from our Site, please see our Cookies Policy.
You can find more information about cookies and how to manage your browser settings at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can find more information about opting out of receiving targeted advertising at www.networkadvertising.org/choices or www.youronlinechoices.com.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you indicate that you do not wish to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we do not currently respond to such features or signals. Therefore, if you select or turn on a “do not track” feature in your web browser or block or delete tracking cookies, we and our third-party providers may nevertheless continue collecting information about your online activities as described in this Privacy Statement.
WHEN WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of the Applied Systems group of companies, which includes our subsidiaries and our holding companies and their subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that –
- It is necessary to fulfil contractual commitments we have to you.
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Any or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal information we hold, and particularly personal information we hold about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- You request that Applied Systems assist you and we utilise third parties to fulfil such request(s), and, in this event, you are authorising us to release any personal information to such third parties that we believe is necessary to satisfy your request(s).
- We contract with a third-party processor, contractor or subcontractor to process your personal information on our behalf in relation to the delivery of our products and services to you, the management of our business relationships and contacts, or any job application made by you to Applied Systems.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Applied Systems will use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including but not limited to any security measures required by applicable law, that are designed to: (a) ensure the security and confidentiality of personal information; (b) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of personal information; and (c) protect against unauthorised access to or use of personal information. Applied Systems requires persons or third parties receiving personal information from us to ensure that your personal information is protected by technical and organisational measures.
WHERE WE MAY TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information to a third party or other Applied Systems group companies in countries within or outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which your personal information was originally collected or for purposes to which you have consented or that are otherwise permitted by applicable law. Please note that if your personal information is processed or stored in a country outside the EEA, that country may have a lower standard for the protection of personal information than where you are located, and the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country may be able to obtain disclosure of that personal information through the laws of that country. However, if we transfer your personal information to country outside of the EEA, except where the transfer is otherwise permitted by applicable law, any such transfer is made only to a country where there exists an adequacy decision by the EU Commission or to an organisation from which we have obtained appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses or other mechanisms approved by the EU Commission.
If our processing of your personal information is based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
You may object to our processing of your personal information where we do so based upon our legitimate interests. Where required under applicable law, we will stop any such processing and notify you if that changes.
If we made a decision about you that was based solely upon the automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, and our decision produces a legal effect for you or similarly significantly affects you, you may have the right to contest that decision and ask for human review on our part.
You may request that we disclose to you certain details regarding our processing of your personal information, or that we correct, amend, delete, or restrict the processing of, or provide to you, the personal information we hold about you. Where required under applicable law, we will notify any third party recipients of this, where possible. Please note, though, that requests are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or data retention obligations imposed on us.
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal information, we will respond to your request without undue delay. If a delay is necessary, where permitted by applicable law, we will notify you of this, together with the reasons for the delay. If we are unable to take action on your request, we will, as required by applicable law, annotate the personal information under our control with a note that action was requested but not made. In this event, we will notify you without undue delay of the reasons for not taking action, and you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority and ability to seek to enforce your rights through a judicial remedy. However, we ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before contacting the relevant supervisory authority.
We may charge a reasonable fee, where allowed by applicable law, based on our administrative costs in complying with your requests; for instance, where you request further copies of the information we hold about you, or where requests are unfounded or excessive.
You may exercise these or any other rights available to you under applicable law by emailing us at email@example.com with your specific request, or by submitting a request using this Subject Access Request web form.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be retained by us for as long as is required for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Statement; however, a longer retention period may be applied where required by applicable law or where we have a legitimate and lawful purpose to do so. Where we, or a third party who provides data processing services to us, collect your personal information in relation to any application for employment made by you to an Applied Systems office in the European Union, we, or the third party provider, will retain that data for as long as is reasonably necessary but no longer than twelve (12) months following the rejection of any such application.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Sites may contain hyperlinks to other websites that are not operated by us. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the activities of such third-party websites or any association with their operators. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their personal information practices. We urge you to review any privacy statement posted on any website you visit before using the website or providing any personal information about yourself or others.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA, USA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) of the United States of America defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of thirteen (13). We strictly adhere to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through the Sites from those we actually know are under the age of thirteen (13), and the Sites are not structured to attract anyone under the age of thirteen (13).
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATMENT
Applied Systems reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement. If and when our data collection practices change, we will modify this Privacy Statement and will notify you where required by applicable law. We encourage you to check this page frequently for any material changes or other modifications to this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this Privacy Statement or concerns with how we may be handling your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
By Post: Applied Systems Data Protection Officer, 200 Applied Parkway, University Park, Illinois, 60484
If we were not able to answer your question or satisfy your concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Last updated: 24 May 2018
Ready to Learn More?
Applied is ready to provide your business with the advanced insurance software and solutions you need to become a digital broker.