Applied Cloud Services
Applied Cloud Services provide anytime, anywhere access to your insurance information, as well as reliable and secure delivery of your software applications.
Today, more than 5,000 businesses and 70,000 users across four countries rely on Applied Cloud Services to run their business. The cloud is no longer an IT consideration alone – it is fundamentally changing the way executives across departments view and manage their business, creating new business models and providing a catalyst for companies to expand and grow. For more and more insurance businesses, the cloud is a core strategy to improve business performance, increase data security and deliver cost savings. You can rely on Applied Cloud Services to keep your data safe and business running smoothly.
Applied Cloud Services include:
- 99.95% uptime
- 24/7/365 data centre operations with continual monitoring
- Tier 3+ facility with redundant power, cooling and physical security
- Data centre pairing for enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
- More than £3 million annual investment in Applied data centres and cloud technology
- A team of more than 45 dedicated cloud specialists
Applied Cloud Services provide advanced business continuity with access to operations recovery, backup encryption and data security. Applied invests more than £3 million annually in data centre infrastructure and technology to maintain and update the Applied Cloud platform. All Applied data centres are colocation facilities built exclusively to host data and for the sole purpose of running the production of Applied Cloud environments. Applied data centres offer world-class security for your data, with 99.95% uptime.
- High availability data centre platform – Each data centre is purpose built and classified as Tier 3+ as defined by the Uptime Institute. Tier 3+ facilities are required to have redundancies for the cooling system, power plant, main power distribution and generator. The Applied Cloud is engineered for high availability and redundancy within each site, including localised redundancies throughout the infrastructure.
- Data protection and integrity – Applied data centres operate 24/7/365, with constant monitoring and performance of first-level problem resolution performed by Applied Network Operations Centre. Applied takes data protection and recoverability very seriously; all data centres are maintained in pairs, with each site replicating data to the other on a daily basis, to ensure uninterrupted access to your data.
- Advanced security – All databases stored in the Applied Cloud leverage AES-256 data-at-rest-encryption (DARE) and are protected by a minimum of 128-bit, bi-directional, packet-level encryption. Encrypting data helps to prevent the accidental loss of sensitive or protected information. Applied data centres are secure facilities that include advanced building design, video surveillance, strict access control policies and the use of mantraps, biometric systems and on-site security guards to continuously safeguard your data.
- Enterprise-grade system configuration –The Applied Cloud has more than 12,000 physical processor cores that provide computing power to run 2,400 individual virtual servers. Physical and virtual servers ensure your data is available regardless of the situation.
Applied has more than 15 years of experience designing, implementing and operating purpose-built platforms specifically for the insurance industry. The Applied Cloud Services team consists of highly-skilled cloud specialists with deep domain expertise who directly maintain and manage your Applied software. The same Applied experts who design, build and maintain Applied software have complete oversight of the Applied Cloud to ensure your broker management system continues to operate at optimum levels. Applied has the largest team in the world dedicated to insurance cloud operations, with more than 45 professionals in four countries who are directly responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Applied Cloud.
The Applied Cloud Services team manages all hardware and software testing, maintenance and upgrades for your business, reducing the time and expenses you spend managing IT-related resources. Your software is continually upgraded at no cost to you, ensuring your business runs at optimum levels whilst improving your bottom line. Applied Cloud Services manage all maintenance and upgrades during off business hours, minimising business disruption and allowing your staff to focus on sales and service.
For more information about Applied Cloud Services and other Applied solutions, call us at +44 (0) 1273 852000 or Contact Us.