For more than 30 years, Applied Systems has led an industry we helped to create with a mission to continuously improve the business of insurance. Insurance agencies and brokerages have faced new challenges and demands on their businesses over time, and we have been there to guide them. Since 1983, Applied has been at the forefront of insurance technology, leading the way through innovation. As the insurance industry becomes increasingly global, we are delivering new technology and expanded multinational capabilities for this changing marketplace.
- Year founded: 1983
- Mission: To continuously improve the business of insurance through innovative software solutions
- Headquarters: University Park, Illinois (U.S.), Mississauga, Ontario (Canada), Brighton, England (UK) and Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ireland)
- Employees: More than 1,450
- Why Applied: Applied is the leading global provider of cloud-based software that powers the business of insurance
Who We Are
Applied Systems is the leading global provider of cloud-based software that powers the business of insurance. Recognised as a pioneer in insurance automation and the innovation leader, Applied is the world’s largest provider of agency and brokerage management systems, serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, and the United Kingdom. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
What We Do
The insurance industry is on the verge of a new era that will demand more and better information. Applied technology automates the exchange of information and data throughout the insurance lifecycle among brokers, carriers and consumers. By enabling greater access to information and streamlining workflows, our customers can capitalise on new opportunities, increase the efficiency and profitability of their business, and continuously deliver the high-level service that customers expect.
A Few Milestones Along the Way
- Applied TAM, released in 1983, was the first PC-based software application in the P&C insurance industry and remains the most widely used cloud-based broker management system in the world
- Applied CSR24, released in 1999, is the leading cloud-based insurance client self-service software
- Applied Cloud, launched in 2001, is the industry’s only purpose-built cloud platform that supports more than 70,000 Insurance professionals daily across 4 countries
- Applied Epic, released in 2008, is the fastest growing cloud-based broker management system and the only that manages P&C and benefits business and sales automation in a single, integration application in the industry today
- Applied Mobile, released in 2012, was the first mobile application designed exclusively for independent insurance channel to bring client, policy and sales information to mobile devices
- Applied PerformanceManagement, released in 2014, remains the first purpose-built business intelligence solution for the independent insurance brokerage channel
- Applied MobileInsured, released in 2016, is the first broker-branded mobile app for brokers to provide their clients 24/7 self-service
By the Numbers
- Applied has more than 1,450 employees serving customers throughout the United Kingdom, Ireland, the United States and Canada
- With more than 425 insurer partners and nearly 50% of all P&C electronic transactions occurring within our applications, Applied has been recognised by ACORD as a top software provider
- 99% of IIABA Best Practices Agencies use Applied technology1
- 82% of Insurance Journal "Top 100 Independent Property/Casualty Agencies" use Applied technology. Nine of the Top 10 use Applied technology2