For more than 30 years, Applied Systems has led an industry we helped to create with a mission to power the global business of insurance. Insurance agencies, brokerages and insurers have faced new challenges and demands on their businesses over time, and we have been there to guide them. Since 1983, Applied has been at the forefront of insurance technology, leading the way through innovation. As the insurance industry becomes increasingly global, we are delivering new technology and expanded multinational capabilities for this changing marketplace.
- Year founded: 1983
- Mission: To power the global business of insurance through innovative, cloud-based software
- Headquarters: University Park, Illinois (U.S.), Mississauga, Ontario (Canada), Brighton, East Sussex (United Kingdom) and Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ireland)
- Employees: More than 1,450
- Customers: More than 14,000 agencies, brokerages and insurers
Who We Are
Applied is recognized as a pioneer in insurance automation and data exchange between brokerages, insurers and their clients, and the world’s leading global cloud software provider for the P&C and Benefits insurance distribution industry in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. Our insurance software and data exchange technology have revolutionized the insurance industry and continue to shape its future across the globe. By automating the insurance lifecycle, our people and products allow the insurance industry to fulfill its promise to safeguard and protect what matters most in people's lives.
What We Do
The insurance industry is on the verge of a new era that will demand more and better information. Applied technology automates the exchange of information and data throughout the insurance lifecycle among agents, brokers, insurers and consumers. By enabling greater access to information and streamlining workflows, our customers can capitalize on new opportunities, increase the efficiency and profitability of their business, and continuously deliver high-level service that customers expect.
A Few Milestones Along the Way:
- Applied TAM, released in 1983, was the first PC-based software application in the P&C insurance industry and remains the most widely used cloud-based agency management system in the world
- Applied Epic, released in 2008, is the fastest growing cloud-based agency management system and the only that manages P&C and benefits business and sales automation in a single, integration application in the industry today
- Applied PerformanceManagement, released in 2014, remains the first purpose-built business intelligence solution for the independent insurance agency channel
- Applied introduced the first agency-branded mobile app for agencies to provide their clients 24/7 self-service via Applied MobileInsured
By the Numbers
- Applied has more than 1,450 employees serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland
- With more than 450 insurer partners and nearly 50% of all P&C electronic transactions occurring within our applications, Applied has been recognized by ACORD as a top software provider for 22 consecutive years
- 96% of IIABA Best Practices Agencies use Applied technology1
- 82% of Insurance Journal "Top 100 Independent Property/Casualty Agencies" use Applied technology2
- Nine out of 10 of the Business Insurance Top 10 largest U.S. brokers use an Applied management system. All 10 use Applied technology in their offices.3
1 2013 - 2015 Best Practices Agency Study by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and Reagan Consulting.
2 2015 "Top 100 Independent Property/Casualty Agencies" report by Insurance Journal.
3 2015 Business Insurance Top 100 Special Report.