First West Insurance Digitally Transforms with Applied
September 27, 2018
British Columbia-based credit union and insurance brokerage selects digital broker software for better internal and customer connectivity
Mississauga, ON – Sep. 27, 2018 – Applied Systems® today announced that First West Insurance has selected Applied Digital Brokerage™ software to manage its entire business. Deployed in Applied Cloud®, the leading, purpose-built cloud platform for the insurance industry, First West has implemented Applied Epic®, the most widely-used management system in the world, as well as integrated customer connectivity and data analytics software.
“Operating a unique model like First West Insurance, it was important for us to choose technology that could connect all three differentiated brands, as well as effectively connect us to our customers,” said Darrell Jaggers, Chief Information & Digital Transformation Officer, First West Insurance. “Applied’s Digital Brokerage solution enables our brokerage to seamlessly flow information throughout the brokerage and to our customers, enabling us to drive greater operational efficiencies and enhance our customer service.”
As part of First West’s digital brokerage strategy, the business will leverage Applied Epic, Applied Cloud, Applied CSR24®, Applied Mobile® and Applied Analytics®.
- Applied Epic delivers the most technologically advanced software application to independent insurance brokerages to enable faster growth and profitability in a changing insurance marketplace. Applied Epic is a single, integrated and open application that provides essential capabilities for each stakeholder within a brokerage to better manage customer relationships, sales opportunities, market appetite search, financial accounting and policy and benefits administration across all lines of business, eliminating the need for separate, disparate systems. The application offers a comprehensive view of client and prospect information and internal workflows through an intuitive user interface, enabling users to make more informed decisions about their business and capitalize quickly on new opportunities. Applied Epic’s scalable software architecture provides brokerages with multiple global locations the ability to manage expansion and business growth with ease.
- Applied Cloud provides reliable and secure delivery of software applications, and anytime, anywhere access to business information. Applied’s cloud platform provides access to operations recovery, backup encryption, redundancy technology and active failover data centers. The dedicated team of Applied Cloud professionals manages and maintains all hardware upgrades, Applied software updates and system testing processes, increasing brokers’ investment value by reducing time and expenses spent managing these processes while ensuring availability of the latest software capabilities. Today, nearly 90,000 users across four countries rely on Applied Cloud to improve business performance, increase data security and deliver cost savings.
- Applied CSR24, the leading cloud-based client self-service software, enables brokerages to meet today’s insurance consumer demand for anytime, anywhere access to information by providing 24/7 access to insurance policy information, claims filing and processing, premium payments, liability certificates and other insurance documents through an online brokerage-branded client portal or mobile application via Applied MobileInsured. Applied CSR24 seamlessly integrates with brokerage management systems, reducing manual administrative tasks and allowing agents to devote more time to serving customers and securing new business. By providing greater flexibility and mobile servicing options, brokerages can increase client satisfaction, build client loyalty and deliver a more competitive business proposition.
- Applied Mobile is a purpose-built app that enables insurance brokerage staff to access and manage client, prospect and insurance information from their management system anytime, anywhere via a mobile smartphone or tablet device. The native mobile app allows users to stay connected on the go with a direct link to information in their brokerage management system, providing access to view accounts, contact details and insurance policy information; add prospects; create and manage activities; and automate sales operations.
- Applied Analytics is the first data analytics solution built specifically for independent insurance agencies. Fully integrated with both Applied Epic and Applied TAM, Applied Analytics allows executives to obtain greater graphical business insights from their existing management system data to make quicker, more informed business decisions. Applied Analytics presents data in an easy-to-understand visual interface with graphical dashboards that deliver multiple levels of analysis on key performance business indicators for an agency’s book of business, employee operations and insurer relationships.
“Large organizations with multiple divisions and offices must have a single source of information and enhanced connectivity to streamline communication between the brokerage and its insureds,” said Jeff Purdy, senior vice president of International Operations, Applied Systems. “Leveraging Applied Digital Brokerage software, First West will be able to digitally transform their business, standardizing their organizational operations and driving a more connected experience for their customers and staff.”
# # #
About Applied Systems
Applied Systems is the leading global provider of cloud-based software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in insurance automation and the innovation leader, Applied is the world’s largest provider of agency and brokerage management systems, serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, and the United Kingdom. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
Ready to Learn More?
Applied is ready to help you learn more about leveraging advanced insurance software and solutions to build a better insurance business.