Accessibility Plan for Applied Systems, Inc.
This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Applied Systems, Inc. will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Applied Systems, Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The company believes in integration and equal opportunity. Applied Systems, Inc. is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting the accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 ("AODA").
Accessibility Policies and Plan under the Integrated Accessibility Standards
Accessible Emergency Information
Applied Systems, Inc. is committed to providing customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary based on their known accommodation needs.
In addition to the training we provide to our employees under the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Applied Systems, Inc. will provide training to our employees, consultants and other staff members on the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards (Ontario Regulation 191/11) and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the actual duties of our employees, consultants and other staff members.
Applied Systems, Inc. will endeavor to complete the required training of its employees, consultants and other staff members by January 1, 2015. In order to meet this obligation, Applied Systems, Inc. will:
- develop appropriate training content;
- deliver the training throughout 2014; and
- create and maintain the prescribed records of the training that is provided
Information and communications
Applied Systems, Inc. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. When requested, we will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs. Applied Systems, Inc. currently conforms to WCAG 2.0, Level A requirements.
Applied Systems, Inc. will take the following steps to make ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015:
- we will identify all existing feedback processes and will review those processes for accessibility;
- should any barriers to accessibility be identified, we will take steps to remove those barriers prior to January 1, 2015.
Applied Systems, Inc. will ensure that all of its publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016. Where a request for an accessible format or for communication supports is received, Applied Systems, Inc. will:
- consult with individual making the request to determine their accessibility needs and what would be a suitable format or support;
- provide the requested information in a timely manner; and
- provide the information at regular cost (if any).
Applied Systems, Inc. will take the following steps to make all its internet websites, and all content posted on those sites since January 1, 2012, conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
- we will audit all websites and content for Level AA compliance;
- we will implement the necessary changes to bring the websites and web content into conformance with all applicable Level AA standards.
Applied Systems, Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices, and will implement all employment-related standards under the Integrated Accessibility Standards by January 1, 2016.
We will develop standard language to be included in all job postings, whether published publicly or internally, to notify the public and staff, when requested, Applied Systems, Inc. will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired or are permitted to apply for an internal transfer.
Applied Systems, Inc. will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- we will review all existing accommodation and return-to-work policies and practices;
- we will revise existing policies and practices to take into account all factors set out in the Integrated Accessibility Standards;
- the revised policies and practices will be put into effect prior to January 1, 2016.
When undertaking any performance management, career development and redeployment processes, Applied Systems, Inc. will ensure that the accessibility needs of its employees with disabilities needs are taken into account. This will include a review of any individual accommodation plans that are in place for individual employees.
Where an employee, client or other person identifies any accessibility barriers, Applied Systems, Inc. will take steps to remove the barriers identified. Applied Systems, Inc. will also undertake periodic audits to determine whether other accessibility barriers may be present, and will take steps to remove any barriers identified through the audit process.
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, or for a copy of this plan in an accessible format, please contact us by: