Gates Insurance Selects Applied to Become Digital Brokerage
January 17, 2019
Nova Scotia-based insurance broker selects Applied Digital Brokerage to drive growth
Mississauga, ON – Jan. 17, 2018 – Applied Systems® today announced that Gates Insurance Agency Limited has selected the Applied Digital Brokerage software. The brokerage will leverage Applied Epic® as its foundational management system to automate the business and seamlessly connect staff with insureds and insurers, as well as mobile and self-service technology for a premier digital customer experience and rating software for enhanced insurer connectivity.
“Over the past couple of years, it became obvious to me that our brokerage needed to implement digital technology in order to give us a competitive advantage in today’s market,” said Mark Vardy, President, Gates Insurance Agency Limited. “We were sure that Applied would drive our business growth, and the investment by Capital G, the investment arm of Google, has given us more assurance that Applied Digital Brokerage will allow our brokerage to create greater efficiency by streamlining processes and workflows, and provide enhanced customer service through omnichannel servicing options.”
As part of Gates Insurance Agency Limited’s digital brokerage strategy, the business will leverage Applied Digital Brokerage which combines Applied Epic, Applied Cloud®, Applied CSR24®, Applied Mobile® and Applied Rating Services®.
- Applied Epic delivers the most technologically advanced software application to independent insurance brokerages to enable faster growth and profitability in a changing insurance marketplace. Applied Epic is a single, integrated and open application that provides essential capabilities for each stakeholder within a brokerage to better manage customer relationships, sales opportunities, market appetite search, financial accounting and policy and benefits administration across all lines of business, eliminating the need for separate, disparate systems. The application offers a comprehensive view of client and prospect information and internal workflows through an intuitive user interface, enabling users to make more informed decisions about their business and capitalize quickly on new opportunities. Applied Epic’s scalable software architecture provides brokerages with multiple global locations the ability to manage expansion and business growth with ease.
- Applied Cloud is the leading, purpose-built cloud platform designed for the insurance industry, providing reliable and secure delivery of software applications and anytime, anywhere access to business information. Applied’s cloud platform provides access to operations recovery, backup encryption, redundancy technology and active failover data centers. The dedicated team of Applied Cloud professionals manages and maintains all hardware upgrades, Applied software updates and system testing processes, increasing brokers’ investment value by reducing time and expenses spent managing these processes while ensuring availability of the latest software capabilities. Today, nearly 90,000 users across four countries rely on Applied Cloud to improve business performance, increase data security and deliver cost savings.
- Applied CSR24, the leading cloud-based client self-service software, enables brokerages to meet today’s insurance consumer demand for anytime, anywhere access to information by providing 24/7 access to insurance policy information, claims filing and processing, premium payments, liability certificates and other insurance documents through an online brokerage-branded client portal or mobile application via Applied MobileInsured. Applied CSR24 seamlessly integrates with brokerage management systems, reducing manual administrative tasks and allowing agents to devote more time to serving customers and securing new business. By providing greater flexibility and mobile servicing options, brokerages can increase client satisfaction, build client loyalty and deliver a more competitive business proposition.
- Applied Mobile is a purpose-built app that enables insurance brokerage staff to access and manage client, prospect and insurance information from their management system anytime, anywhere via a mobile smartphone or tablet device. The native mobile app allows users to stay connected on the go with a direct link to information in their brokerage management system, providing access to view accounts, contact details and insurance policy information; add prospects; create and manage activities; and automate sales operations.
- Applied Rating Services is Canada’s comparative rating service for insurance brokerages and insurers that provides the industry’s most accurate rates for the most insurers nationwide. Applied Systems offers the most comprehensive portfolio of rating services to deliver fast, accurate and mobile quoting for automobile and property insurance, enabling brokerages to more efficiently drive business growth while providing a better client experience.
“Changing consumer demands are driving more brokerages to seek digital technology in order to provide the level of service their customers expect,” said Jeff Purdy, senior vice president of International Operations, Applied Systems. “By leveraging Applied Digital Brokerage, Gates Insurance will be able to deliver a digital experience for staff and customers through automated internal processes, omnichannel servicing and enhanced insurer connectivity.”
The Applied logos are trademarks of Applied Systems, Inc., registered in the U.S.
# # #
About Applied Systems
Applied Systems is the leading global provider of cloud-based software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in insurance automation and the innovation leader, Applied is the world’s largest provider of agency and brokerage management systems, serving customers throughout the United States, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, and the United Kingdom. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied’s people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
Ready to Learn More?
Applied is ready to provide your business with the advanced insurance software and solutions you need to become a digital brokerage.