The Applied Systems Canadian Transformation Symposium, held at The St. Regis Toronto, gave participants an exclusive opportunity to interact with the Applied Canada leadership team and industry peers to discuss the digital ecosystem of insurance and the importance of connectivity and collaboration across all stakeholders.
The event provided insights into how digital technology empowers brokers to create higher-value business transactions and deliver superior customer experiences throughout the entire customer lifecycle.
"It doesn't matter if you're an employee of a brokerage, an insurer, or a customer. Technology is so ingrained in what we do that transformation has taken place in everything we interact with. And so, there's no going back; we are here.”
Senior Vice President and General Manager, Applied Systems Canada
With the help of fellow Applied executives and industry leaders taking the stage, symposium participants learned about the progress we’ve been making on:
- Completing Level 3 of CSIO’s Commercial Lines Certification Program. Members who achieve full certification demonstrate their commitment to elevating service in the broker channel to improve the customer experience.
- Transforming Applied Epic to deliver a modern user experience natively built on browser technology for anywhere, anytime user access.
- Delivering new Data Lake architecture. Our Data Lake is secure and scalable cloud storage that consolidates all Applied and some third-party data into a single source.
- Opening up Applied Epic with APIs by providing tighter and more robust integration between Applied products and select third-party innovators.
- Introducing Applied Pay, the only natively integrated digital payments solution built specifically for insurance.
- Attracting top talent to the broker channel by assisting in developing course material for post-secondary schools like the Humber College Insurance Management Program.
- Enhancing the customer journey. Our customer experience is defined by the interactions and experiences our customers have throughout the entire journey, from first contact to lifetime valued customers.
This is a glimpse of what we’ve accomplished to become your indispensable insurance technology partner. Please watch our 2022 Canadian Transformation Symposium video highlights to discover the forces driving our investment and what Applied is doing to innovate connectivity with insurers, CSIO, and educational institutions by aligning to achieve ground-breaking connectivity in the personal and commercial lines ecosystems.
Steve Whitelaw, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Applied Systems Canada, is responsible for the Canadian marketplace's operations, industry and partner relations strategies. Before joining Applied, Whitelaw was Vice President of IT Planning, Execution & Operational Effectiveness at Travelers Canada. Over his career at Travelers Canada, he served several executive roles focused on strategic planning and execution, personal lines, and business solutions. In addition, Whitelaw has actively participated on many industry association boards and committees, including Health Claims for Automobile Insurance Processing (HCAIP) and, most recently, as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Centre for the Study of Insurance Operations (CSIO). Whitelaw holds a bachelor’s degree in Science and a master’s degree in Kinesiology from the University of Waterloo.
Ready to Learn More?
When you’re ready to learn more about leveraging advanced insurance software and solutions to build a better insurance business, we’re here to help.